Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Celebrating our 16th Wedding Anniversary




16 years ago I left behind my family and friends in Lithuania to create my new life in America. I had nothing but two suitcases and a new husband. Yes. Two suitcases, that's it. My entire life fitted in those two suitcases.
Looking back on that day 16 years ago, I can still feel the emotions I felt. An over arching sadness saying goodbye to my family and friends, anxiety about settling in the new country with my new husband, and overwhelming fear of the unknown.
America has been good to me, to us - after that many years I still have the same wonderful husband ;) and a beautiful daughter. These two people in my life that make my life worth living and I just want to say...

Dear God,
I wanna take a minute, not to ask
for anything from you, but simply to
say Thank You, for all I have.

I'm grateful and counting my blessings everyday.

Cheers to many more wonderful years together!

XOXO,
Jūratė

No comments:

Post a Comment